- studies in the academic year 2020 / 2021 will be combined at all faculties of the University of Primorska - in classrooms and on-line through e-classrooms and ZOOM,
- students will receive specific information on the implementation of each study programme and each subject from their faculty,
- study programmes at UP FHŠ, UP FAMNIT, UP PeF, UP FTŠ - Turistica and some study programmes at UP FVZ will be combined and student presence in a university town will be expected,
- studies at UP FM and some study programme of UP FVZ will adapted in a way that students will be expected at the faculty only one day a week,
- study programme Management in English language is the only study programme, which will be implemented distantly,
- foreign students should plan their arrival early enough to finish quarantine before the start of the academic year,
- we advise foreign freshmen to arrive before the 14 September and finish quarantine by 27 September - after the quarantine, orientation days will be organised,
- UP will try to assist students with quarantine placements - students will bear the expected expense of up to 30 EUR a day,
- before arriving to Slovenia, all foreign students have to fill in the questionnaire: LINK TO QUESTIONNAIRE
Teaching process in 2020 / 2021 will be combined in all faculties of the University of Primorska - in lecture rooms and on-line through e-classrooms and ZOOM.
The university will host activities which cannot be equally offered in distance learning. These include especially laboratory work, excercises and activities in specialised classrooms (such as computer rooms, simulation rooms, laboratoris, gyms, etc.). Lectures will primarily be offered on-line.
Certain adaptations to the schedule will be made in order to minimize the need for student presence at the university premisses.
Students will receive specific information on the implementation of each study programme and each subject from their faculty.
If the epidemiological situation or guidelines and recommendations to contain the spread of the SARS-CoV-2019 change, the implementation of studies might change as well.
ARRIVAL AND ACCOMMODATION
All students will receive information about the implementation of studies from their respective faculties.
Generally speaking, the following faculties will utilise a completely mixed teaching and student presence will be expected in their university city:
- Faculty of Humanities (UP FHŠ),
- Faculty of Mathematics, Natural Sciences and Information Technologies (UP FAMNIT),
- Faculty of Education (UP PeF),
- Faculty of Tourism Studies (UP FTŠ - Turistica),
- some study programmes at the Faculty of Health Sciecnes (UP FVZ).
Two faculties will adapt their schedules in a way that student presence will be expected only one day a week:
Study programme Management in English language is the only study programme that will be completely implemented distantly and student presence in Koper is not expected.
Considering the mixed implementation of studies, mobile students are welcome at the University of Primorska in the academic year 2020/2021!
ENTRY TO SLOVENIA - CURRENT REGIMES
Slovenia ranks the countries / regions in three categories, depending on the number of confirmed SARS-CoV-2019 cases in the countryin the last two weeks:
- RED: 40 cases and more / 100,000 inhabitants;
- YELLOW: countries, which are neither red neither yellow;
- GREEN: 10 cases or less / 100,000 inhabitants.
Everyone arriving from a red country / region, has to spend two weeks in a quarantine upon arrival. You receive th equarantine decision on the border crossing, where you also need to state the address, where you will be staying during the quarantine.
Quarantine is obligatory also for people from yellow countries / region, however students are an exception in this case, if they can prove, that they are coming to Slovenia for studies purposes.
For people from green countries / regions, there are no limitations for entering Slovenia. .
The list of countries is updated regularly and is published on the news of the Slovenian Police.
QUARANTINE FOR FOREIGN STUDENTS
We ask all our students to plan their arrival to Slovenia on time and in a way that they finish quarantine before the start of the academic year on 1 October 2020.
We recommend freshmen to arrive to Slovenia on 14 September the latest and finish their quarantine by 27 September. After the end of the quarantine, we will organise orientation days for foreign students between 28 and 30 September.
If you need support of the university for arranging a quarantine, please let us know. The University of Primorska is entering into agreement with local accommodation providers for student quarantine. We expect that it will cost you up to 30 EUR a day.
QUESTIONNAIRE FOR FOREIGN STUDENTS
All foreign students must fill in the questionnaire, before arrival to Slovenia:
Questionnaire is intended to collect information on the existing needs, so that we can adapt our activities and find sufficient capacities.
All collected data will be used only to organise accommodation and share information related to quarantine. If needed, contact data will also be used to notify you about a past contact with a positive person. We will delete all collected data on 30 October 2020.