TUITION FEES AND OTHER STUDY CONTRIBUTIONS FOR STUDENTS
Foreign citizens from non-EU countries have to pay tuition fees for full-time undergraduate study programmes. The tuition fee must be paid for the current year of study upon enrolment in the faculty (member of the university). The amount of the tuition fee is set by the faculty and is the same as the tuition fee for part-time study programmes for citizens of the Republic of Slovenia.
The tuition fee does not include mandatory health insurance. This has to be settled before the start of any study programme.
Foreign citizens who are exempt from tuition fees (full-time study):
- citizens of European Union Member States,
- foreign citizens with permanent residence in Slovenia if they (or their parents) are taxpayers in the Republic of Slovenia,
- Slovenians without Slovenian citizenship,
- foreign citizens from one of the countries that has concluded bilateral agreements with Slovenia on exemption from tuition fees,
- foreign citizens who apply individually to the chosen faculty for an exemption from payment or for reduction of tuition, for whom the faculty approves their justified request,
- foreign citizens and Slovenes without Slovenian citizenship who receive a scholarship from the Republic of Slovenia.
* * *