Green, digital and inclusive UP
Green, Digital, and Inclusive UP are three pilot projects focused on curricular renewal of professional higher education study programs at UP to support broader national reform for a green, resilient transition to Society 5.0.
The pilot projects aim to equip students with the skills for a green and digital transition to Society 5.0, focusing on the principles of UP:
- A high-quality study experience;
- Flexible study paths;
- Flexible and responsive learning environment;
- Alignment with lifelong learning concepts;
- Ensuring equal opportunity and gender balance in all areas of study.
- To improve the adaptability, resilience, and responsiveness of higher education to sustainable development, thereby increasing its impact on high value-added economic growth, maintaining or increasing productivity while using less energy, raw materials, and labor, creating opportunities for inclusion for all, and enabling equitable social development and living in a healthy environment.
- To align the values and mindsets of participants in higher education with the values of sustainable development and the green economy, thus contributing to the goals of the green transition at the EU and Slovenian levels.
- Develop entrepreneurship based on sustainable skills and the circular economy. Improve the digital skills of teachers and students in the context of digital transformation to facilitate the goal of sustaining and increasing economic growth through the use of digitalization in all social systems.
- Align graduate competencies with current and future labor market needs and take a systemic approach to ensure that competencies are aligned over the long term and that employers are able to identify competencies in a way that is easy for them to understand.
- Reduce dropout rates and the average time from start to completion, especially for STE(A)M and shortage occupations.
- Increase the proportion of employees who return to complete their studies after dropping out, and increase the proportion of employees who return to higher education to gain additional skills and competencies or to pursue further or pre-qualification training.
The UP will pursue these goals through 3 pilot projects: the GREEN UP, the DIGITAL UP, and the INCLUSIVE UP.
All pilot projects will be implemented at the university level (with individual activities at member institutions), thus facilitating interdisciplinary integration, as they are designed to be interconnected, build on each other, and target the multiplier effects of each area. They will contribute to increasing the general societal competencies for green and digital/sustainable transformation by developing or implementing innovative teaching methods, taking into account the concepts of active citizenship.
An effective three-dimensional ecosystem will be also created through the interconnected implementation of the three pilot projects:
- An ecosystem within the UP (different areas, different members),
- An ecosystem with partner institutions, including members of the Board of Trustees,
- An ecosystem between the three pilots.
ACTIVITY 1: Pilot implementation of the Master's program in Data Science
ACTIVITY 2: Development of a higher professional study program in Sustainable Built Environment
ACTIVITY 3: Developing Green Transition content within the UP Science Centre
ACTIVITY 4: Sport UP
ACTIVITY 1: Implementing the digital PAI
ACTIVITY 2: Digitalization and sustainability of tourism
ACTIVITY 3: Establishment of a simulation center and a nutritional consultation room
ACTIVITY 4: Green and digital transition competencies in the Early Childhood Education curriculum
ACTIVITY 5: Development of the Marketing and Sales 5.0 Higher Professional Degree Programme
ACTIVITY 1: Establishment of the UP Alumni Office
ACTIVITY 2: Lifelong learning and micro-credentials in public health
ACTIVITY 3: Establishment of the UP micro-credentials ecosystem
ACTIVITY 4: Activities to increase the proportion of students in higher professional degree programs who successfully complete their studies