Membership UP in the International Associations
UP takes over the UniAdrion Presidency
On 1 June 2020 the University of Primorska (UP) takes over the Presidency of UniAdrion – Associations of Universities of the Adriatic-Ionian area (http://www.uniadrion.net). Rector Prof. Dr. Klavdija Kutnar will act as the UniAdrion President from June 2020 to May 2021. UniAdrion is an association of universities and research centres of the Adriatic-Ionian area established in 2000 with the purpose to create a permanent connection among these institutions, within the framework of the Adriatic-Ionian Initiative. Members from Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, Greece, Italy, Montenegro, Serbia and Slovenia cooperate mainly through the implementation of teaching and research initiatives, such as research projects, summer schools and other activities. The cooperation is focused on different topics, coherent with the pillars of the EU Strategy for the Adriatic-Ionian Region (EUSAIR): blue growth, connecting the region, environmental quality, sustainable tourism and cultural heritage, societal challenges, economic and policy analysis.
During the Presidency, UP will cooperate closely with the university Università Politecnica delle Marche, where the Permanent Uniadrion Secretariat is located.
- Evropska zveza univerz/European Universities Association (EUA)
- Rektorska konferenca univerz Alpe-Jadran / Rectors' Conference of the Universities of the Alps Adriatic Region (AARC)
- Podonavska rektorska konferenca/Danube Rectors'Conference (DRC)
- EuroMed Permanent University Forum
- UNIADRION - Association of Universities of the Adriatic-Ionian area
- Mediterranean Universities Network (MEDADRION)
- Mediterranean Universities Network for Education for Sustainable development (MEDIES)
- Evro-sredozemska Univerza (EMUNI Univerza)
- Children's Identity and Citizenship European Association (CiCea)
- ALpe Adria Danube universities INitiative (ALADIN)
- Adriatic Linked Universities (ALUm)
- Alliance of Central European Universities (ACEU)
- LEA EBAN European Associated Laboratory "Pulsed Electric Fields Applications in Biology and Medicine"
- Danubius Academic Consortium (DAC)