Career center of the University of Primorska, Center for Lifelong Learning and Career Orientation
The Career center of the University of Primorska, Center for Lifelong Learning and Career Orientation (KC UP) represents, through close integration of the social and academic environment, added value to the region. Furthermore, for the university it represents holistic - and necessary - support throughout students' studies, and helps with the realization of long-term goals and career planning, which increases the employability of graduates.
The activities of the career center are intended for:
- high school students, with the purpose of informing them about opportunities for further studies at the university (the importance of early career planning and connecting high schools to tertiary education institutions),
- students and graduates, through providing support in shaping their career path, oriented towards expanding their competences. This support sychronizes the preferences of individual students and labour market needs (students are informed of opportunities for lifelong learning within UP to acquire additional knowledge and skills, which are systematically recorded in the student’s competence portfolio),
- employees of UP and
- the broader social environment, through identification of the best-matched students and graduates for employers' needs, the lifelong learning program and other forms of collaboration.
The Career center of UP pursues the following goals:
- improvement of the career counseling program and programs for lifelong learning,
- improvement of employment opportunities for students and graduates of UP through an integrated program of personal career guidance,
- awareness of the importance of acquiring additional competences, the importance of lifelong learning and early career path planning,
- endeavoring to place career orientation content in optional subjects and those within the ECTS system
- strengthening the role of graduates as ambassadors of the university,
- striving for the Career center to become a means of connection and effective collaboration with the economic, academic and broader environment.