The University of Primorska aims to promote and strengthen the diversity, internationalisation, quality, and social dimension of study programmes offered and, at the same time, to support a developing culture of mutual cooperation and integration among its members (faculties).
Innovative study programmes in all three degrees of study are offered in the areas of: education, humanities, languages, social and behavioural science, business and administration, law, natural sciences, mathematics and statistics, information and communication technologies, architecture and construction, agriculture, forestry and fishery, health, tourism and sports.
Graduates acquire a diploma which includes a Diploma Supplement and with it also a professional or academic title. The Diploma Supplement is published in Slovene and one of the official languages of the European Union.
In the field of education, UP has identified four long-term goals:
1. To achieve excellence in education and study programmes
2. To maintain the knowledge triangle of education, research, and industry
3. To increase the international visibility of our study programmes
4. To establish an institutional framework for the promotion of lifelong learning
Undergraduate (first cycle) study programmes are academic and professional study programmes. Their duration is determined by years (three or four years) and credit points (180 or 240 ECTS). More information can be found in the list of Undergraduate study programmes.
Master study programmes - master’s professional degrees (second cycle) consist of 60 or 120 ECTS and last one or two years. The duration of a master study programme must be planned with regard to the duration of the first cycle study programme. The total duration in the same field of study must not exceed five years (3+2, 4+1). More information can be found in the list of Master study programmes.
Doctoral study programmes last three to four years, and the study requirements consist of 180 (240) ECTS. More information can be found in the list of Doctoral study programmes. Doctoral study programmes last three to four years, and the study requirements consist of 180 (240) ECTS. More information can be found in the list of Doctoral study programmes.
At the following link foreign students can find RULES on examination and assessment of knowledge at the University of Primorska, which regulate the examination and assessment of students enrolled in study programmes at the University of Primorska.
Foreign citizens from non-EU countries have to pay tuition fees for full-time undergraduate study programmes. The tuition fee must be paid for the current year of study upon enrolment in the faculty. The amount of the tuition fee is set by the faculty (member of the university) and is the same as the tuition fee for part-time study programmes for citizens of the Republic of Slovenia. The price list is available only in Slovene (Cenik storitev Univerze na Primorskem).
The tuition fee does not include mandatory health insurance. This has to be settled before the start of any study programme.
Foreign citizens who are exempt from tuition fees (full-time study):
- citizens of European Union Member States,
- foreign citizens with permanent residence in Slovenia if they (or their parents) are taxpayers in the Republic of Slovenia
- Slovenians without Slovenian citizenship,
- foreign citizens from one of the countries that has concluded bilateral agreements with Slovenia on exemption from tuition fees,
- foreign citizens who apply individually to the chosen faculty for an exemption from payment or for reduction of tuition, for whom the faculty approves their justified request,
- foreign citizens and Slovenes without Slovenian citizenship who receive a scholarship from the Republic of Slovenia.