On the basis of Article 38 of the Statute of the University of Primorska, the Senate of the University of Primorska adopted the Rules on the tutor system at the University of Primorska. The attachment documents are following: student’s tutor report, teacher’s tutor report and model certificate for tutor coordinator at the faculty and university level. Mentioned policy regulates organization and function of the Tutoring system on the University of Primorska.
Purpose of tutoring system is to establish conditions for:
- organized care for the development of each individual student, from enrollment in the study program until the completion of studies
- strengthening direct contacts between students and teachers and between students, teachers and UP as a whole
- more successful integration of students into the university environment
- solving general and specific problems of students, especially students with special needs
- improvement of academic success, better student transitions, and a higher quality of education
At UP level, the UP Tutor Committee (KT UP) operates. Its most important tasks are organizing training and education of tutors, preparing an annual report on tutorial activities at UP and preparing a strategy for the development of tutoring at UP. KT UP gives the UP Senate proposals and initiatives related to the organization and operation of the tutorial system at UP. The list of members of the commission is published on the UP website.
INTRODUCTORY TRAINING FOR TUTORS is organized every year, usually at the beginning of the academic year. For all the following trainings, all tutors are invited to include via personal invitations and announcements on the websites of UP and Career center of UP.
Career center of the University of Primorska
Titov trg 4, 6000 Koper