Career center of the University of Primorska, Center for Lifelong Learning and Career Orientation
Career center of the University of Primorska, Center for Lifelong Learning and Career Orientation (KC UP) represents, through close integration of social and academic environment, added value to the region. Furthermore, for the university represents holistic and necessarily support with study processes, career progression and helps with the realization of long-term goal which is increasing the employability of graduates.
Activities of career center are intended to:
- high school students, with a purpose of informing them about all the possibilities of further studies on the university (importance of early career planning and connecting between high schools and tertiary education),
- students and graduates through providing support at shaping their career path, which is oriented in expanding their competences. It is harmonized with preferences of individual student and labour market needs (students are informed with possibilities of lifelong learning within UP in order to acquire additional knowledge and skills which are systematically recorded in student’ s competence portfolio),
- employees of UP and
- broader social environment through identification of the most adequate students and graduates in accordance with employer’s needs, lifelong learning program offer and other forms of collaboration.
Career center of UP is pursuing the following goals:
- improvement of career counseling offer and programs of lifelong learning,
- improvement of employment possibilities of students and graduates of UP through integrated program of personal career guidance,
- awareness of the importance to acquire additional competences, importance of lifelong learning and early career path planning,
- endeavor to place career orientation content in the optional subjects and with that in the ECTS system,
- strengthening role of the graduates as the ambassadors of the university,
- endeavor for career center to become the instrument of connection and effective collaboration with economic, academic and broader environment.