PSYCHOLOGICAL SUPPORT AT UP
During the epidemic we have found ourselves in an unpredictable situation. We are largely cut off from normal life and we can feel scared, sad, confused, angry, unmotivated, stressed, lonely or to feel a loss of control. These kinds of reactions are understandable in present circumstances.
The UP team of professional psychologists will not be available during summer holidays. Support activities will start again on 1st of October.
If you feel severe mental distress or have suicidal thoughts, contact your personal doctor or call 112 - Information Center (for immediate emergency assistance).
WHO ELSE IS OFFERING SUPPORT
Organisations offering psychological support and psychoterapy on the Slovenian coastal area:
- Zdravstveni zavod za klinično psihologijo Izola
- Petra Brne - Modus operandi
- Leonida Kobal – Leela psihoterapija
Organisations offering psychological support in Slovenia
- Centri za krepitev zdravja
- Centri za duševno zdravje odraslih
- Svetovalnice Posvet (svetovalnica deluje tudi v Izoli)
Internet as supportive medium in mental distress (primarily in Slovene)
- #tosemjaz – web portal for children and youth www.tosemjaz.net.
- NeBojSe – web portal of Society for supporting people with depression and anxiety disorders DAM www.nebojse.si.
- Webpage for understanding suicide and available support Živživ: www.zivziv.si .
HOTLINE SUPPORT FOR DISTRESSED:
For information on suitable forms of support or just for support and conversation, you can call hotlines for the distressed:
- Hotline for mental distress: 01 520 99 00 (every day between 7 pm and 7 am).
- Confidential hotlines Samarijan and Sopotnik 116 123 (24 hr/day, every day). Free call.
- TOM hotline for children and youth 116 111 (every day between 12 noon and 8 pm). Free call.
You can find more sources of support on the last pages of the publication »Kam in kako po pomoč v duševni stiski«.
INFORMATION ON CORONAVIRUS is available on the webpages below and via telephone number 080 1404: