PSYCHOLOGICAL SUPPORT AT UP
During the epidemic we have found ourselves in an unpredictable situation. We are largely cut off from normal life and we can feel scared, sad, confused, angry, unmotivated, stressed, lonely or to feel a loss of control. These kinds of reactions are understandable in present circumstances.
In times when the studies are implemented distantly, a team of professional psychologists is offering support though video conferencing tools. You can reach them Monday to Friday at email@example.com. Send them an e-mail with a short explanation of the situation. You will then arrange an individual live talk. We expect to organise 1 - 2 counselling conversations.
WHO ELSE IS OFFERING SUPPORT
In severe distress, use one of the following sources:
Hotline for psychological support during the COVID-19 epidemic: 080 51 00
HOTLINE SUPPORT FOR DISTRESSED:
For information on suitable forms of support or just for support and conversation, you can call hotlines for the distressed:
- Hotline for mental distress: 01 520 99 00 (every day between 7 pm and 7 am).
- Confidential hotlines Samarijan and Sopotnik 116 123 (24 hr/day, every day). Free call.
- TOM hotline for children and youth 116 111 (every day between 12 noon and 8 pm). Free call.
Internet as supportive medium in mental distress (primarily in Slovene)
- #tosemjaz – web portal for children and youth www.tosemjaz.net.
- NeBojSe – web portal of Society for supporting people with depression and anxiety disorders DAM www.nebojse.si.
- Webpage for understanding suicide and available support Živživ: www.zivziv.si .
You can find more sources of support on the last pages of the publication »Kam in kako po pomoč v duševni stiski«.
INFORMATION ON CORONAVIRUS is available on the webpages below and via telephone number 080 1404:
- COVID-19 government page (in English)
- Coronavirus National Institute of Public Health page (in Slovene)
- World Health Organisation
If your life is in dangeour, call Police immediately: 113.